Re: Problems getting ATI driver for X working.

> I just got my brand new PCI Radeon 7000. I popped it in and it booted
> However, X won't use the ati driver. It keeps saying no devices found. I
> can get it to at least
> start if I use the ati driver with framebuffer disabled, but then it spews
> garbage on the screen
> and locks up.
> Any ideas?

I use the ALl-In-Wonder 8500DV, and had the same problems. (although I don't
use the framebuffer, don't know if that makes a differance)

First off, what version of the XServer are you using? For me, I had to
upgrade to testing for it to work.

I'm hoping this fixes your problem.