Re: X-Terminal laptops?

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 00:26:57 -0700
Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> wrote:
> I'm amazed nobody's come up with x terminals in laptop form factor...

    I'm amazed that as cheap as used laptops are these days that terminals
still exist.  Last time I checked one could get a decent laptop for X or VNC
that has ports for VGA, keyboard and mouse and do a minimum of 1024x768.  In
fact the laptop I mentioned in the message you quoted is set up just like
that.  I rarely ever travel and when I do I just ask my host if I may install
VNC and/or PuTTY before heading out.  Because of that the laptop  sits
underneath a 15" monitor and is almost exclusively in VNC these days.  I would
ditch Win2k completely except for three problems.

1: I use this as my Shareaza machine when I am looking for files on G1/G2 or
ed2k.
2: I sometimes run ACExplorer.
3: It has neither a floppy drive or CD-ROM to actually get Debian onto it in
the first place.  :/