port forwarding question: firewall or ssh?

Hi,

a friend of mine has problems accessing a mail server from his company
but he can access my server.

I thought that I could enable port forwarding to solve his problem.

E.g.

D-S-MS

He wants to access the mail server (MS) from his Desktop (D). My Server
(S) is in the between.

I open a port on my firewall, let's say 12345 and let the user forward
the MS:25 port on that port. Note the MS server doesn't have ssh on.
Then instead of reading mail from MS:25 he reads it from S:12345.

Can I use port forwarding at the firewall level, or should I just use
SSH to do so?

Cheers,

Jerome

--