Re: OT: Why is C so popular?

On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 14:56, Diego Calleja García wrote:
> El Wed, 27 Aug 2003 01:11:08 -0500 Alex Malinovich <demonbane@the-love-shack.net> escribió:
>

> > C comes in. Yet I see people writing 'modern' GUI applications and using
> > C when I would think C++ would be a much better choice. Is there
> > something that I'm missing? Something that C actually does better than
> > C++ in regards to higher-level functions?
>
> Performance (aka "bloatage") (just run openoffice, kde...)

KDE is pretty fast, and the MS VC++ generates excellent binaries.

> (Yeah, some people can get good performance because they're good c++ coders.
> Probably it's not even a 1% of all c++ coders though)
>
> Another reason: great C compilers. (yeah, c++ is getting better...)

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"What other evidence do you have that they are terrorists, other
than that they trained in these camps?"
17-Sep-2002 Katie Couric to an FBI agent regarding the 5 men
arrested near Buffalo NY