Re: money/quicken/?

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 13:18, Roberto Sanchez wrote:
>  --- Alex Malinovich <demonbane@the-love-shack.net> escribió:
>
> > > I use Moneydance after trying GNUcash, kapital, Mymoney, QHacc and
> > > Checkbook Tracker. Moneydance is the best.
> > >
> > > It is a Java based app and as noted, runs on all platforms. It is very
> > > much like Quicken and the author listens to what we want and implements it.
> >

> Actually, Moneydance is written in C++.  It was developed with the wxWindows
> library to give it a native look on each of the target platforms (take look at
> the screen shots on the site).

Unless it was re-written within the past year or so it's most definitely
java-based. When I used it (About a year ago) it was distributed in a
jar file, the same copy ran fine in both windows and linux (mounted FAT
partition under linux and ran from there) and always started up a few
instances of the java vm.

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837