Re: (OT) Team programming tools

On Thu, 2003-08-21 at 03:23, Benedict Verheyen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there tutorials, howto's, docs describing what tools can benefit
> team programming and programming in general?
>
> For instance a doc explaining how to set up Subversion/CVS and
> showing how one can use these and other tools to work efficient?
> I would like to start using cvs here, tools like diff and make our
> programming team use it but if it takes to much time, management
> won't let me do it.

Just wait until you accidentally overwrite working code with a
buggy POS and ship it to customers.  *Then* you'll realize that
what ever time it may take to get used to the discipline of source
code control systems is well worth it...
http://www.cvshome.org/
http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/other-formats/html_single/CVS-RCS-HOWTO.html

Ron Johnson, Jr. ron.l.johnson@cox.net
Jefferson, LA USA

"Whatever may be the moral ambiguities of the so-called
demoratic nations and however serious may be their failure to
conform perfectly to their democratic ideals, it is sheer moral
perversity to equate the inconsistencies of a democratic
civilization with the brutalities which modern tyrannical states
practice."
Reinhold Nieburhr, ca. 1940