Text Editors and Email Clients Don't Word Wrap.

Compiler: gcc (GCC) 3.3.1 (Debian Sid)

Ok. This is a really old problem for me, and its been one i haven't been
able to solve since the beginning of this year when i started using RH
9.

The problem:

The email clients/editors (Kedit, Gedit, Kmail, Evolution, Mozilla
Thunderbird) just will not word wrap for me. The word wrap option on
these clients is enabled, but they still won't do it. In other words, if
i compose a email in them, the line keeps going on forever without
indenting automatically. I have tried many things, like using 'Normal'
in Evolution, etc, nothing has worked. Whats weird is that when i went
to debian sid from RH a month ago, the same thing happens. Its like i am
cursed.

So please, has anyone experienced this or am i the only one? Is there a
system wide setting that controls this word wraping behavior?

Thanks.

The apps that wrap for me are: Kate, Kwrite, and sylpheed-claws.