Re: xfree, matrox millennium G450 problem..

Louie Miranda declaimed:
> btw, Matrox G450 is working under 4.1.0-16 (xfree-86 - stable package from
> debian)
> Its working on my machine now.. :D hehe.

You've probably figured this out by now, but just to state a couple of
points explicitly:

The HorizSync and VertRefresh ranges are Monitor characteristics; make
sure that these values match the specs for your LCD.

The HAL driver stuff is not necessary, but nice if you want better/more
responsive performance. I'm trying to use my Celeron system to watch
dvd's, and every increment of performance helps. You can get these
drivers from the Matrox website.

My dual-head Matrox card is a G400, I couldn't get dual-mode working
until I downloaded and installed the Matrox drivers, even working with
some very nice XF86Config samples.

In order to avoid having my Matrox customizations get bonked when the
Debian X package gets upgraded, I evolved the following strategy with
help from others on this list:

- The Matrox stuff lives in /usr/local/X11/matrox
- My XF86Config "Files" section contains the following lines
    ModulePath      "/usr/local/X11/matrox/"
    ModulePath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/"

HTH, Paul
--
Paul Mackinney
paul@mackinney.net