Re: mozilla vs. mozilla-firebird

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 12:43:55AM +0100, John Stevenson wrote:

> >OK, I've found what's happens.
> >
> >The mozilla-firebird launch mozilla if this one is running !!!
>
> In my experience this is normal for debian packages of Netscape and
> Mozilla packages under debian.  It can be useful, but it can also be a
> right pain.  I would like to run Mozilla (for email) and Mozilla
> firebird (web browsing), but I cant and I did not recieve any
> solutions last time I posted this question.  I am unsure if it is a
> debian thing or a Mozilla thing.

Put a "-" on the command line and it will override the default of using
an existing session.  The control logic is:

   USE_EXIST=0
   opt="$1"
   case "$opt" in
     -mail)
         open_mail ${1+"$@"}
         ;;
     -compose)
         open_compose ${1+"$@"}
         ;;
     -*) ;;
     *) USE_EXIST=1 ;;
   esac

in /usr/bin/mozilla or /usr/bin/MozillaFirebird.

So, the following will start Mozilla and then Firebird:

   # mozilla &
   (wait for mozilla to launch)
   # MozillaFirebird - &

--