Re: ip changed after sometime using dhcp

> It sounds as though the lease times on the DHCP server are not long enough.
>
> A simple solution is to use a static IP address but this will depend on
> your ability to manually assign an IP address at the server end.
>
> HTH
>
> Clive

Well, one of my friends had the same problem, he wrote a script
and made it a cron job that would check his ip and email him the new
ip if it changed.

If you can't control what ip you get given and when the ip will change,
this seemed like a fairly simple solution.