woody, libc6-2.3 and kernel 2.4.18

Hi all,

just installed woody on my laptop. Things went fine and I installed the kernel
2.4.18, but it seems that the 'sis900' driver (network card) works only
properly with the kernel 2.4.21.
Since I cannot configure the network, it downloaded the kernel package and its
dependences from another computer, burned them on a CD and installed them
using dpkg.
In these dependences, I needed to upgrade to libc6-2.3. In order to do so,
must I olny install libc6-2.3 and libdb1-compat or is there anything else
required ?

TIA
Gregor