Re: SCO identifies code?

Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> writes:

> This makes a lot of sense. I mean if the FSF hired you to write a
> GPL program, they wouldn't want you to release a proprietary version of
> it after you quit working for them.

Believe it or not, I don't think they'd care.  I haven't been hired
by the FSF, but I've signed the standard copyright assignment they
require to put your changes in their tree, and it explicitly grants
back rights for me to do whatever I want with it, including use it
commercially.  (Of course, this only counts for stuff I wrote, not the
rest of the app.)

I believe that L. Peter Deutsch was allowed to use the Display
Ghostscript code he wrote in the non-GPLed version of GS (though, I'm
not sure).  That was at least partly funded by the FSF.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - I am the rocks.
Song Title: I Don't Know Whether To Kill Myself Or Go Bowling.