Re: Problem with X

Le Mon, 18 Aug 2003 03:47:47 -0400 (EDT)
Hooman <a_linux_newbie@yahoo.ca> a dit:

> Hello everybody,
> I have installed Debian Linux on my machine at home
> and I have problems starting X-window system on it.
> Consequently, no desktop manager will run. The machine
> is a Pentium-III 800MHz with 512 MB of RAM.
>
> I have a NVidia RIVA TNT2 graphics card and an
> OPTIQUEST V775 monitor. When I boot-up the machine I
> get a message which says:
> "Screen(s) found, but none have a usable
> configuration"
>
> I really need help to solve this problem, I tried
> myself for hours, but without any result :(

Try to reconfigure with the nv drivers and answer 'no' to the
question about FrameBuffer ('yes' is selected as default).
If this doesn't help, please post the few lines before the "screen not
found" which isn't helpful.

Good luck.