Re: stuck apt-get -- Netbase 4.11 Workaround

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 13:04, gerard wrote:
> I did an upgrade on my machine and it keeps getting stuck on Setting up
> netbase (4.11) ...
> I did ctrl-C a couple times and it ended it but when I started tit again
> it still just stuck there. Any ideas?
I edited /var/lib/dpkg/info/netbase.postinst  and on line 104 changed it
to:

#    update_hosts_file

Mainly to forget about it. I already had everything I needed for IPv6
in it. That function currently seems broken. Not obviously either.

So, that was a quick elimination of the problem... not a fix but a
workaround.