Re: [OT]: CVS replacement

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 02:57:45AM +0900, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 13, 2003 at 22:45:24 +1000, Rob Weir wrote:
> > I do, for a few things. I only discovered it after I'd been using
> > Subversion for a while, so perhaps I can provide some contrast to
> > the numerous svn-only users above.
>
> Thanks for your message. Very instructive (I'm a Subversion user
> only). Offline commits is perhaps the feature I miss the most in
> Subversion (but this isn't much a problem, though).

This is a killer feature for me, but it's really just a side-effect of
using distributed branches.  I'm just commiting my changes on a branch
instead of Tom's mainline (/branches/rob/ or so in Subversion-speak);
the branch just happens to live on my local machine.

> [tla]
> > Another, perhaps less useful feature is symlink versioning.
> > Subversion (and CVS) don't have this, and it's not targeted for
> > pre-1.0, either.
>
> Does it also support hardlinks (i.e. a file that has several
> positions in the repository)?

No.  What sort of support would you like?  Just restoring the hard
links, or smarter diffing or something more?

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:    Blowfish Craig Livingstone interception unclassified COSCO