Re: [ot] executing commands from windowmaker

On Wed, 13 Aug 2003, Elie De Brauwer wrote:

> example you have ALT+F2 that pops up a nice 'execute command' box, you enter
> the command press enter and the application starts.
>
> Is anyone away of a windowmaker alternative ?

If you are using /usr/bin/WPrefs to configure windowmaker and to add
your own menu items you can use the following to get a "Run" box. You
would then add a keyboard shortcut to the menu item. I use "CTRL-ALT r".

This is all on one line:

x-terminal-emulator -geometry 90x40+115+50 -title "Program Run" -e %a(Run..,Program and Parameters:)

Terry.

http://haven.selterra.com/
Courtenay, BC, Canada