removing traces of exim

Hei

I installed postfix in place of exim but forgot to use the purge option
when removing exim.

I want to remove all files that were installed by the exim package.

My question is how would one go about this. Of course, I could just
delete the files, (assuming I could determine what they were) but wouldn't
exim still be displayed when I run dpkg -l.

I notice that there is a script exim.postrm in the directory /var/lib/dpkg/info.
Would it be enough to run this script manually?

t-irvine