Re: Strange net problem (MAC-adress?)

Hello

BUIRA Etienne (<etienne@free.fr>) wrote:

>>> IN=eth0 OUT= MAC= SRC="my ipnumber" DST="my ipnumber" LEN=140 T
>>> OS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TIL=64 ID=0 DF PROTO=UDP SPT=138 DTP=138 LEN=257

> [...]
> But you are protected for this attack because netfilter
> (iptables is just a configuration tool who talk to netfilter) had
> locked this kind of connection.

As the firewall is set to log this kind of traffic, it /probably/ is
also set to block it, but the fact that it is logged by iptables (or
ipchains or whatever) does not automatically mean that it is blocked.
Traffic can also be logged and then be accepted.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--
Andreas Janssen