Re: packages removed by Release Manager just reveal older versions

On Wed, 2003-07-30 at 01:34, Dan Jacobson wrote:
> > Keeping the /etc/apt/sources.list in a reasonable state is something
> > that Debian can't help the admin with.
>
> [Rural modem users have lots of CDs.]
>
> Ron> Why not use "-t"?  I have a "mostly sarge" system with some sid.
> Ron> The "-t" makes it very easy to do this:
> Ron> # apt-get -t testing upgrade
> Ron> # apt-get -t unstable install evolution mozilla-browser mozilla-psm
>
> when I do apt-get dist-upgrade or upgrade, I always see the same
> results, "-t testing" or not.  Perhaps because all I have is sid stuff
> in /etc/apt/sources.list. Perhaps a bug.

Hmmm, unless I'm reading you wrong:
Since all you have in sources.list is sid, shouldn't you expect "-t
testing" to have no effect?

Of course, I did not know that you only have sid in your sources.list...

| Ron Johnson, Jr.        Home: ron.l.johnson@cox.net             |
| Jefferson, LA  USA                                              |
| "I'm not a vegetarian because I love animals, I'm a vegetarian  |
|  because I hate vegetables!"                                    |
|    unknown                                                      |