Re: GeForce4 card

On Thu, 17 Jul 2003 21:50:07 +0200, Jamin W. Collins wrote:

>> The "EE" lines are pointing to references to a mouse set up on a DEVFS
>> system.

AFAIK the input layer has nothing to do with devfs. PS/2 mice should use
/dev/psaux, wether devfs or not. USB mice use /dev/input/*, wether devfs
or not. Could be wrong though...

Still, this is not the problem. The X logs show that in fact a second
mouse was configured. The error is somewhere else. To John: Please post
more of the logfile, especially the final 20 lines.

>> You may not be running that... Are your disk drives referred to
>> /dev/hdaX, where X is a number, or a longer, more informative
>> designation ??

Both is possible with devfs. When you install devfsd, it is even the
default.

>> Edit your XF86Config file and change the references to
>> "\dev\input\mice" to "\dev\psaux".

John: No, don't do that. You have a perfectly working mouse configured.

> Based on the copied output, /dev/psaux is already there and loaded.  The
> default XF86Config-4 seems to include to mouse definitions, /dev/psaux
> and /dev/input/mice.  I have both in my config and have seen no problems
> from them.

It depends - you can mark input devices as optional in XF86Config. Then a
missing/failing device doesn't stop the X server. The default "generic mouse"
entry is marked optional IMHO.

--
Best Regards,   |   Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
 Sebastian      |   your ~/.signature to help me spread!