Re: nvnet module not working after kernel (and module) recompile

 --- SYNeR <tups77@tsn.cc> escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> I upgraded from 2.4.20 --> 2.4.21, so far my nvidia.o (video driver) module
> is working.
> Although, I did make && make install for my nvnet (onboard LAN adapter
> driver) module.
> I added nvnet to /etc/modules , added "alias eth0 nvnet" to
> /etc/modules.conf, and rebooted..
>
> My settings are correct in /etc/networking/interfaces, as these are the same
> settings i used before the kernel
> upgrade. After the reboot, lsmod shows nvnet is running.. but it seems when i
> try to run "ifconfig", it just appears
> to lock up. tryinging to ping a box on my LAN fails, too.
>
> What I explained what i did above is what it says in the README for my
> nforce2 motherboard linux drivers.. This, I'm pretty sure, is how I did it
> last time.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks,
>
> SYNeR

Make sure that when you 'make-kpkg <options here> kernel_image kernel_headers'
that you have that kernel_headers target in there.  Then install the kernel
headers themselvs along with the kernel image.  Once the headers are installed
creat a symlink to the directory by 'ln -sf kernel-headers-2.4.21/
linux-2.4.21'

Once that is done, reboot and then 'make && make install' in the nforce/
directory.  I'm not sure why, but the Makefile for the nforce drivers relies
on the modversions.h file which is only in the kenel headers.  It will also
only build the module for the currently running kernel (without modifying the
Makefile).

HTH,

-Roberto

Yahoo! Messenger - Nueva versión GRATIS