Re: OT: which scanner should I choose?

--- Shawn Lamson <shawn.lamson@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Thu, July 10 at  2:01 AM EDT
> Joris Huizer <joris_huizer@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> >Hello everybody,
> >
> >I've got this question - a few years ago my dad
> bought
> >a windows-only scanner which isn't supported at
> all.
> >
> >Now, scanners are offered for reduced prices and
> I'm
> >thinking about buying one which is supported by
> Debian
> >Linux :-)
> >
> >The list is at
> >http://shop.powerline.nl/s/opruiming.htm#T
> >I myself think a good choice would be the second
> >scanner, which is described as
> >
> >KSC101104  	HP ScanJet 5P Flatbed SCSI  	45.00
> >
> >as it's SCSI (I've got SCSI allready working for a
> CD
> >Writer) and it's reported as stable at
> >http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-mfgs.html
> >
> >Is this a good choice (have you got it working ?)
> or
> >should I pick another scanner in that list ?
> >
> >Thanks for your input,
>
> No doubt if sane says it is okay it is (and they
> clearly list it as
> stable)... I note that that model is only 300x300
> dpi...  granted it is
> inexpensive, but it may not provide all the
> resolution you want.
>
> HTH
>
> Shawn Lamson
> shawn.lamson@verizon.net
> Debian GNU/Linux 3.0

I'm thinking, how is a scsi scanner plugged in, I
don't really see how that works; I know how the
windows only agfa snapscan 1212p is done, but... that
p is for paralell right? The HP Scanjet 5100C paralell
A4 might be an alternative right ?

I didn't really find that resolution to be honest
where is a link to such product info?

Thanks for your help,

Joris