Re: New to Debian... Problem connecting to the internet

Hello

Hameed R wrote:

> I just installed debain yesterday and I a little problem with my
> internet connection.
>
> I connect alright, but when I try to access I can't. THere is simply no
> data coming in or going out and my ISP cuts me off after 20 minutes
> idle. This means that no data went through.....

What kind of connection do you use? Did you configure the nameservers
correctly (or set to "dynamic" if supported)? Can you ping hosts via ip
addresses instead of hostnames (try "ping 212.227.118.85" for
www.debian.org).

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

--