Re: LITEON Cd Burner problems.

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 12:35:20PM +1000, Matthew Richardson wrote:
> Has anyone experienced this
> before. ?????
>
> hdc: set_drive_speed_status: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
> hdc: set_drive_speed_status: error=0x04
I had this message some times with my burner and figured out, that this
happens when no cd is in the burner. Do you tried to but with no
problems, when putting a cd-rom in the burner?

I compiled the ide-scsi driver as modules and give the options through
grub to the kernel (hdc=ide-scsi).

Greetings,
--
Roman Joost