Re: [OT] Printer recommendations

On 2003-06-10 23:58:15, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> Surprising - that's not been my experience. I have two 1200SE's (one at
> home, one at work) and I just use the psonly-1200 filter from magicfilter.
> No ppd, nothing special - it Just Works.  My wife's jobs (Win 98 and Win
> XP) generate a blank page after each job, though.

The psonly-1200 filter does something; otherwise jobs are not terminated and
the printer will kill some jobs after a timeout of 2 min (if I recall
correctly).  Not a big deal, it just surprised me that I needed a filter in the
first place.

In case it saves someone a little time, I am using the foomagic-rip with HP's
PPD with the following printcap:

p|lp0|hplj1200|HP LaserJet 1200
        :if=/usr/bin/foomatic-rip
        :filter_options= --lprng $Z /usr/share/postscript/ppd/HP_LaserJet_1200.p
pd
        :lp=/dev/lp0
        :mc#0
        :mx#0