Rootkit warning! (Was: Re: LS_COLORS error)

On Thursday 05 June 2003 18:08, Neilen wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm running sid.  Some time in the last week (did unfortunately not
> notice exactly when), I started getting the following error from ls:
>
> brick@hilife:~/public_html$ ls
> ls: unrecognized prefix: do
> ls: unparsable value for LS_COLORS environment variable.

I had this some time ago. You might want to check for t0rnkit in case someone
hacked you machine. The "devious" thing about the kit's files is that they're
marked "undeletable" with chattr (see man chattr and man lsattr), so even
root can't delete them directly.

I'll append a kind of "in-group whitepaper" I found.

--
Got Backup?
	Indepth Analysis of Tornkit v8