Re: What is xprint?

Carl Fink(carl@fink.to) is reported to have said:
> On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 11:31:41PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
>
> > I installed xprt-common and xprt-xprintorg this afternoon after
> > reading about it.
>
> Maybe it's just me, but having Sarge install a package by default that says
> in its documentation "Don't install me.  Uninstall me and do something
> else." just seems weird.
>
> I think I get it -- testing isn't meant for actual use (even though it's
> actually used) and the hope is that by the time it's released, xprt will
> actually work.  But it's weird.

The docs for xprt-common say
"It may be used with both the xprt (XFree86.org) and xprt-xprintorg
 (xprint.org) packages, although xprt from XFree86 is currently

while the xprt-xprintorg docs say
" This package provides Xprt, the Xprint server compiled from
 xprint.mozdev.org.  This version supersedes the version from XFree86
  (package xprt), which is buggy and does not work with mozilla."

These 2 packages didn't install by default here, I installed them.

I must be missing something Carl, Xprint is working fine.

--
Real programmers don't write in BASIC.  Actually, no programmers write
in BASIC after reaching puberty.