Re: Cups problem

Kevin McKinley wrote:
On Fri, 04 Apr 2003 22:24:49 -0500
Andy Hurt <andy.rew6@verizon.net> wrote:

Egads--I'm not the only one!

I have a HP 5L-Parallel, and run unstable.  I can print like crazy from
every program/console--it's only the test page that won't print.  When I
try to > -- snip -- I've gone to so many ends to resolve the matter
(re-configured/tweaked/modified just about everything related to
cups/gs-esp that I could try), and _can_ print production-style, so I just
gave up on the test page.

Can't find anything of direct relevance at news.easysw.com/cups.general or

news.easysw.com/cups.bugs, and I still have yet to finalize my configuration-diagnosis/thoughts for a post there.

Can you print outside of localhost/631?

Print Test Page worked last month (prior install of 3.0r1, upgraded to unstable)--sure would like to see it, again, just once ;-)

This is a new dimension. I've heard of people being able to print a test
page but nothing else; this is the first I've *ever* heard of being able to
print anything *but* a test page.

I installed Woody r1 and upgraded to Sid; I can print either test pages or
regular ones.

Kevin

P.S. Please don't reply directly to me; I get the list messages :)

I'm seeing similar problems with 'testing' where I can set up a printer and everything looks good, but the test_page fails.

Logs have not been very helpful. There similar to those previously posted with a error # and that's it.

I have done everything out there exactly the way it was prescribed and I have three sets of problems: lpradmin can't connect to the printer, though http administration "seems" to work.
lpr can't connect to the printer.
netcat will print files very nicely, so I don't think that there is anything actually 'wrong' with the printer itself. In my case it is a networked printer configured with JetDirect network card.

I've been trying very hard no to just post a ton of bug-reports, but I'm at a point where I've checked just about everything I can find in the documentation and am unable to set up a new cups installation.

--
Nobody ever forgets where he buried the hatchet.
		-- Kin Hubbard