Re: mc colour scheme

On Fri, Mar 14, 2003 at 11:03:20PM +0100, martin f krafft wrote:
> Mh, i got a little further. the blue colours show up when I access
> mc locally. If I go through an ssh connection within a local
> terminal, the nice colours appear. If I start the terminal remotely,
> the ugly colours show. if i ssh to localhost and then run mc, the
> nice colours show.

You know, mc is subject to whatever your terminal emulator thinks it should
be using for specific colors... if you redefine what xterm thinks color0
is, for example, when you tell mc to be "black", you get what the terminal
thinks is black, not a real black.

Since you use rxvt, I'd look at whether or not the two machines have the
same resources defined.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Truth can wait; he's used to it.
 msw@cox.net |