Re: Address familily not supported (Woody)

Waldemar Gorus said:

> Unable to connect to port 6667 of server irc.debian.org: Address family
> not supported by protocol
>
> All common protocols I have in use (like smtp,pop,http,ssh) are working
> properly....
>
> no idea, how to solve this problem..

I've had this problem for a long time, posted on it about 8-9 months
ago(maybe longer). I think it's a bug in bitchx. the problem is it's
trying to use IPv6. The only workaround I found was to recompile
bitchx and disable ipv6 support in the debian/rules file. it worked
fine for me after that.

nate