Re: mc colour scheme

Am Fre, 2003-03-14 um 17.40 schrieb martin f krafft:
> i am confused. i have two machines, both run mc 4.5.55-1.2, both
> have rxvt terminals, both have exactly identical /etc/mc/
> hierarchies, both have exactly identical ~/.mc/ hierarchies...
>
> and yet, on one machine mc is transparent and the other it has this
> buttugly blue background. i'd like to make that transparent. so
> first i wonder where that's set (considering the machines are
> basically identical), and second i wonder how i change it.
>
> go on, please offer me your wisdom!

It may have something to do with your $TERM variable. Is it identical on
both machines? Is the terminfo database identical?

I had that happen to me when i installed mc-german on my Sharp Zaurus.

Anyways, just start the program with "mc -b" which disables color and
you are set.

HTH
--

Matthias Hentges
Cologne / Germany

[www.hentges.net] -> PGP welcome, HTML tolerated
ICQ: 97 26 97 4   -> No files, no URL's

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice