Re: wine and IE

Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:

>-- Gary Turner <kk5st@sbcglobal.net> wrote
>(on Thursday, 20 February 2003, 09:27 PM -0600):
>> Paul Johnson wrote:

>> >So slap the appropriate W3C compliant buttons on there so if they want
>> >to test it out in Windows IE they can find out it's not you who sucks.
>>
>> It's not really a question of who sucks and who blows ;)  Java Script,
>> Flash, frames, tables, and graphics are compliant technologies, so does
>
>Actually, I beg to differ regarding Flash -- if a technology requires
>that the browser utilize a plugin in order to work, I wouldn't call it
>standardized. Otherwise, spot on.

You're right, of course.  Its pervasive ubiquity and seamless
integration make me forget that it's not a browser feature.

[...]

> Once my deadlines aren't looming so heavily, I'll try and see if I
>can get some of the solutions presented working.

Good luck.  It might be worthwhile to use a junker loaded with Windows
for testing a number of browsers.  I've found, for example, that
Mozilla, Opera, and BrowseX act slightly different on Windows compared
to Linux.  And don't forget Mac.

--
gt      kk5st@sbcglobal.net

Friends don't let friends use Flash.