cache for packages

I have four or five machines running linux on our local network.  Can someone point me to the easy instructions for setting up a cache of packages on one system, so that if packages are already on a local machine, they won't be ftped again?

It's a tribute to Debian GNU/Linux that, running sid on these machines, which were disconnected for some six to seven months, three so far have upgraded without a single major problem using apt-get and aptitude.  Aptitude has worked, when apt-get didn't.  Thanks to everyone from a long time use, who never "got it" as far as developing packages. (Too busy teaching and doing science).

Alan Davis
Marianas High School
Saipan