Re: Debian + RAID hardware

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 12:30:53AM +0100, Willi Dyck wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 12:59:27PM -0500, Debian User wrote:
> [...snip...]
>
> Ha, tomorrow I am going to play with a nice Compaq Proliant 1850 :-)
> with two QFE nics, a Compaq SMART Array controller with two Ultra Wide
> SCSI 18GiG attached to it (hot-swapable, I think?!?). It has currently
> only one CPU but is upgradable up to 2 CPU's. I think it supports up to
> 2GiG SDRAM. It is 3U high. I will report to this list if I had success
> or not. So far I have managed to boot Debian 3.0 stable from a self made
> bootable CD, which runs completly in RAM. The Compaq SMART Array
> controller is supported by the Linux kernel (2.4.X), but I have not yet
> actually build a RAID.

I just installed a Proliant ML530 G2 and actually i had to create my own
installfloppies with a patched kernel for the Smart Array Controller (
http://sourceforge.net/projects/cciss/ ) and i had to add the driver for the
Intel e1000 gigabit NIC by hand.

I used 2.4.18.

charlie

--
Végh Károly -  System Engineer - UTA - TIS.SAS.BSS
Cynics says that Hungarians created America's Hollywood before