Re: copying out of openoffice

-- martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote
(on Monday, 03 February 2003, 05:49 PM +0100):
> I don't seem to be able to copy text out of an OpenOffice.org text
> document. I select the text, I even choose 'Copy' from the 'Edit'
> menu, but when I try standard X pasting, it doesn't work. Why? Is
> OpenOffice just not behaving like a proper X application???

I have a similar problem. I seem to be able to use the "Ctrl-C" method
(also "Edit->Copy") with Mozilla, but nothing else. If I select text
with the mouse, the only app I've been able to middle-click paste into
is gVim (from which I can then do standard X pasting everywhere else).
Hence, I use this as a workaround whenever using OO.o.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net