Re: RES: vpn masquerade pptp

Quoting Samuel Lucas Vaz de Mello <samuelm@tha.com.br>:

>> 	Here, I dont have two linux machines (the masq in windows machines side
is
> done by the DSL router) then i'm using the Internet Connection Sharing on a
> windows machine to share the VPN connection with the other machine. But, as
> you have 2 linux boxes, freeswan seems to be better to you.
>
>  - Samuel

I would like to check out freeswan, (and I will), but I found pptp was easy to
setup.
There will be people connecting to this vpnserver from all over the place with
all kinds of OS's. The odds of someone connecting from behind a firewall is
probably rare, and even more rare is 2 or more people connecting from behind
the same firewall. For the rare case of clients behind firewalls, I'm looking
at tinc. I will look at freeswan too.

With freeswan, I'm hoping I can create the encrypted connection betweeen to the
networks, but I would also like a "road warrior" to be able to connect up as
well. Do you think Freeswan supports this too?

Cheers,
Mike