Re: best way to disable journaling on ext3?

    "fsblk" == fsblk  <Britton> writes:

    fsblk> I suspect ext3 of possible causing crashes and would like
    fsblk> to know the best way to disable as much of it as possible
    fsblk> without reformatting my disk.

Re-mount the devices as 'ext2' instead of 'ext3'. If you cleanly
unmount/shutdown the system and remount as ext2 you've got what you
want.

BTW ext3 is quite stable so I'd suspect your observations are quite
likely the symptoms of a fault unrelated to he ext3 file
system. (Anecdotal evidence: I've had ext3 running for almost a year
now with not a single observed FS problem, and one CVS server I
administer is very heavily used and has been up 100 days or so at last
check).

Cheers!
Shyamal