broken dependencies after trying to get amaya compiling

Hello everybody,

I had a look around via google but this is a rather
specific prob so that's probably why I don't find
anything relevant on it.

I made some stupid mistake - instead of trying apt-get
I installed packages from debian directly from the
internet.

It's because they say I need libglib1.2 - which didn't
seem to be present - and now the stuff is not well.
This is the apt-get message:

You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct
these.
Sorry, but the following packages have unmet
dependencies:
  libc6: Depends: libdb1-compat but it is not
installable
  libc6-dev: Depends: libc6 (= 2.2.5-11.2) but
2.3.1-10 is installed
  locales: Depends: glibc-2.2.5-11.2
E: Unmet dependencies. Try using -f.

(Where apt-get -f install states it wants to remove
most of the system or something)

How can I make apt-get install the libc6 2.2.5-11.2 -
which is a downgrade ? whe I say apt-get install libc6
the prog says it's allready the newest version ...

Thanks in advance,

Joris Huizer