Re: One NAT'ed machine fails.

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 04:59:08PM -0800, nate wrote:

| ECN is, off the top of my head, some modern method for detecting
| congested network pipes,

Correct.  It stands for "Explicit Congestion Notification".

| it is incompadible with some routers or ip stacks on some systems
| preventing communication with them.

Only ones that don't strictly conform to the earlier specs are
incompatible.  Unfortunately such systems exist.

| So, if you have this problem it's best to turn ECN off, in
| the 2.4.x kernel menuconfig it's in the networking options section.

echo 0 >> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn

-D

--
If you hold to [Jesus'] teaching, you are really [Jesus'] disciples.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/