Re: Mouse help

At 10:53 PM 1/31/03 -0600, Kent West wrote:
Doug wrote:

Hail:

I am new to Debian and have mostly only used GUI versions of linux in the past. I have a problem, and I hope that you can help.

On my Debian machine while setting it up I misidentified the serial port that the mouse is using. Short of reformatting my hard-drive and reinstalling Debian how do I change my serial port connection?

Depends on if you're talking about the console mouse or the mouse in X.

If console mouse, you can either edit /etc/gpm.conf directly, or run "gpmconfig".

If the mouse in X, you can either edt /etc/X11/XF86Config directly (not recommended if debconf is mainting your X setup), or run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86".

Mr. West:

Thank you, I tried "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" and it worked. My next project is to get my ISA sound card working, but I haven't given up on that yet.

Thanks again.

Doug

"I live life forward, I grow trees."