Re: getting time from timeserver on a dial-up

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 12:33:45PM +0000, Kevin.Bewley@camr.org.uk wrote:
> Hi,
>    I'm using Debian 3.0r1 stable on a dialup in the UK. I'm using PAP
> authentication that CHAT's to the modem then launches pppd and away we go.
> What I'd like is for the machine to check and set (if necessary) the system
> clock based on the time from one of the many timeservers on the internet.

Chrony.  It should do all the work for you in setup.  Use your ISP's
DNS servers (check your /etc/resolv.conf) for your NTP servers, most
ISPs have NTP running on thier DNS servers these days.

--
 .''`.     Baloo <baloo@ursine.dyndns.org>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin and user