Re: autofs vs amd: Is there a preference?

In article <[🔎] 20030121215247.GA18579@demonspawn.sterno.shacknet.nu>,
Michael Heironimus  <mkh01@earthlink.net> wrote:
>On Tue, Jan 21, 2003 at 12:07:41PM -0500, Robert L. Harris wrote:
>> I'm looking at my automount situation and wondering.  Is one going
>> away?  Which is the "way to go" for automounting, amd or autofs?
>
>I think that autofs is currently the preferred method. Whether or not
>you choose to agree with the preferred method is up to you, for example
>knfsd seems to be the preferred NFS server these days and I've had fewer
>problems with the old userland server.

Well, since 2.4.17 or so, knfsd is actually a lot better than the
old userland server. It's faster, and it actually handles renames
etc right. With the userlevel NFS server, I could not run
dpkg-buildpackage in an NFS mounted directory, the NFS server
always choked on the renames.

Mike.
--
They all laughed when I said I wanted to build a joke-telling machine.
Well, I showed them! Nobody's laughing *now*! -- acesteves@clix.pt