Is this normal with USB mice?

Hi,

My USB mouse only works after I restart X.  After X is restarted,  it
works just fine, even when X is restarted without it plugged in.  The
touch-pad always works.

I found this in the log (first X start without USB mouse plugged in)

(EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice
No such device.
(EE) USB Mice: cannot open input device
(EE) PreInit failed for input device "USB Mice"
(II) UnloadModule: "mouse"
(II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Configured Mouse" (type: MOUSE)

The question is if possible to make X to reload mouse module for USB
mouse without restart?

Thanks!
Jack