Queue Task Software on Linux ?

I have a question about the task queuing handling in linux. I am doing
some researches within a group and  everyone's task needs a lot of
computation power and memory (around 500M per task). The machine we have
has 2 Xeon processors at 2 GHz/each and 3gigs of memory, the OS is
Debian Sid. However since each task requires too much resources even
that machine can't handle it so I want to use a queue system so that
everyone can submit the job but only two are kept running at a time . I
know such stuff for parallel computing at linux cluster, but I don't
know if there is such stuff for SMP. Is there some sort of softwares or
a way to do such thing ?

Thanks in advance

--

ThanhVu Nguyen