Re: apt-get failure

This one time, at band camp, Bob Hilliard said:
> Fetched 6713kB in 28s (238kB/s)
> Reading Package Lists...
> E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
> E: Error occured while processing aspell (NewVersion1)
> E: Problem with MergeList /var/lib/dpkg/status
> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

This is now a FAQ - it comes up every day or so at least once.  Please
check the archives available at lists.debian.org.  You can search this
list, most recent quarter, for MMap, and get about a zillion hits.  I am
not trying to be rude, here, but the same question coming up over and
over means no one is doing any homework before writingoff to the list,
and it's getting old.  I am sorry to pick on you - you're just getting
the brunt of it.

|  Stephen Gran                  | Always look over your shoulder because  |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | everyone is watching and plotting       |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | against you.                            |