Re: dxr3 problems

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 05:28:52PM -0500, Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
> I just bought a DXR3 DVD decoder for a machine that I hope to set up as
> an ebox (http://eboxy.sourceforge.net). Unfortunately, I bought it via
> eBay, and I have no installation manuals. While putting the card in the
> computer is certainly easy enough, I'm not quite sure what exactly I
> should be doing with the VGA loopback cable -- piping VGA output to the
> DXR3, and then connecting the VGA from the DXR3 to my monitor, or
> actually looping it back in on itself... or what? If anyone has this
> working, I'd greatly appreciate some info -- pictures are especially
> welcome.

Long ago I dealt with one of these cards (or rather another card using
the same chipset). As I recall, you connect VGA card to DVD decoder
input, and DVD decoder VGA out to your monitor. The DVD card overlays
the playback window with the video. The Windows application had to be
adjusted to put the playback box in the right spot inside the window and
to line up the movie with the box exactly right.

--
Michael Heironimus