RE: Curious...Are most of you in tech-related careers/schooling?

| That doesn't sound at all like the Brooks Robinson I'm familiar with
| </baseball joke>...

Well the story goes like this....

Circa 1968/1969 my (then 10 year old) brother was watching a marvelous third
baseman.  He turns to my mother and asks that if she has another child,
could they name it Brooks.  My mother, having just had, what she thought was
definitely her last child (at least that is what the doctor had told her),
said "Of course".  Low and behold a short while later, she found herself in
a motherly way.  My brother, having remembered a pseudo-promise, piped up
when it came to names; and my mother acquiesced.  The moral of the story is
don't promise anything to your 10 year old that you don't want to live with.
Except for telling this same story about a bazillion times, I like my name
just fine.

Brooks