Re: 80 80 80 80 80 80 ... after new install reboot with SCSI

    "Emil" == Emil Hägerlund <deb-list@linuxmail.org> writes:

    Emil> I do that ("Second stage").  What I then get is "LILO" promt
    Emil> cut off to "LI" or "L" and then it starts printing "80" in
    Emil> an endless cycle.

Hi Emil,

I can't tell you how to fix it, but you can find the error description
in /usr/share/doc/lilo/Manual.txt.gz

   L <error> ...   The first stage boot loader has been loaded and started,
    but it can't load the second stage boot loader. The two-digit error
    codes indicate the type of problem. (See also section "Disk error
    codes".) This condition usually indicates a media failure or a geometry
    mismatch (e.g. bad disk parameters, see section "Disk geometry").
   LI   The first stage boot loader was able to load the second stage boot
    loader, but has failed to execute it. This can either be caused by a
    geometry mismatch or by moving /boot/boot.b without running the map
    installer.

   0x80   "Disk timeout". The disk or the drive isn't ready. Either the
    media is bad or the disk isn't spinning. If you're booting from a
    floppy, you might not have closed the drive door. Otherwise, trying to
    boot again might help.

    Emil> What can I do? Do I have an error in lilo.conf?  I'm new to
    Emil> SCSI. Should I have given any parameters or added any
    Emil> specific modules?

I have not used a SCSI disk since 1997 so I can't really give you a
better idea. I am presuming that your system BIOS does allow booting
from the SCSI drive, and you have booted some OS from this disk in the
past? Hopefully some of the other folks on this list can clue
you in....

Cheers!
Shyamal