Re: Video card works - mouse is dead

--- nate <debian-user@aphroland.org> wrote:
> Joris Huizer said:
> >
> > Driver: mousedev (this one should have been
> loaded)
> > Device: /dev/mice/input
>

> this should be used if your using a USB
> mouse/trackball, not a normal
> PS/2 mouse/trackball. You need to be sure the
> drivers for the mouse
> are loaded if it's a USB. I have heard that the
> package 'hotplug' can
> make this very easy(haven't tried it myself).

It's weird - that's what Redhat said when I asked it
about hardware info so I assumed that must be right...
well anyway
The mouse is a "PS/2 mouse device common for all mice"
(this is a statement in the /var/log/kern.log )

> for my system I use these drivers:
>
> CONFIG_USB=y
> CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y
> CONFIG_USB_UHCI=y
> CONFIG_USB_HID=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV=y
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_X=1024
> CONFIG_INPUT_MOUSEDEV_SCREEN_Y=768

Where can I find such a list ? I know I can look in
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 but that one doesn't contain
such a list;

> i think the module names are mousedev, hid, usb-uhci
> for systems that
> are module based. your system probably uses UHCI as
> well.

Yeah that one was added as module during the
installation so it must be there, somewhere

> if your using a mouse connected to the PS/2 port
> change your X config
> to point to /dev/psaux and it should start working.
>
> nate

Yup I did I was told to do so earlier today too - but
it hasn't helped so I think some settings are wrong or
something

regards,

Joris