Re: cron-apt: how can I configure the time it is started

Lukas Ruf <ruf@rawip.org> [2003-01-15 23:45:44 +0100]:

> can anyone explain to me where and how I can configure the time,
> cron-apt is launched to run its jobs?

Edit /etc/cron.d/cron-apt and change the time.

  0 4  * * *		  root	     test -x /usr/sbin/cron-apt && /usr/sbin/cron-apt
  ^ ^ Change these numbers to your time preference.

See 'man 5 crontab' for full details of the format.  In summary the
first is the minute after the hour and the second is the hour.  The
above is 4am.  If you want 11:32pm local time then change it to this.
(11+12=23 hundred hours.)

  32 23  * * *		  root	     test -x /usr/sbin/cron-apt && /usr/sbin/cron-apt

I believe avoiding the default time is probably a Good Thing otherwise
if everyone installed cron-apt there would be a huge impulse spike at
the top of the hour.

Bob